10.10.08

Day 35- July 26

Day 35: July 26th 36,701 miles on the odometer.

Plan is to spend the day visiting relatives, so we drive the bikes into the barn and no further. Uncle Burt and Aunt Bonnie let us stay in their RV, and we get some brief visits with my cousins Bart and Brett. We make a stop for a few hours to visit my great Uncle Joe and Aunt Edith. I help him put fuel and a battery in his mower and they fill us up with a lot of desserts. My Uncle Lee and Aunt Jan come visit us for a bit, having just returned from a trip to Maine. I finally get to eat a real New York Pizza. It isn’t great, but it’s good enough.
I do a cursory inspection of the bikes. Tread still looks Ok on the Bandit, as does the oil. Tread on Ceci’s Metzelers hardly look worn at all. We also haven’t really had any problems at all with the Vulcan since we hung the gremlin bell on it. Hmmm. Good signs, we will head out tomorrow. I spend the evening working on a new itinerary so we’ll know where we’re going when we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment